2.23.2008

Will Danny throw Gabe Pruitt under the Bus?

With the news that the Danny Ainge is targeting Brent Barry, Sam Cassell, Flip Murray, and Jamal Magloire, one must ask exactly how many free agents the Boston Celtics might sign?

Currently, they only have two roster spots. But as the Detroit Pistons showed by waiving Flip Murray, every roster spot is subjected to a cold cost-benefit analysis.

Who is the most likely candidate to get the ax if Danny were to sign three free agents instead of two?

My vote is Gabe Pruitt, who has contributed little to nothing this year.

I can almost hear the press conference.

"We had the chance to acquire three veteran contributors in Brent Barry, Sam Cassell, and Jamal Magliore, and all we had to give up was a second round draft pick. Not too bad."

I'm not saying it's gonna happen.

I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised.

The trade would be giving up a possible second unit role player in a year or two for an improved chance at a title this year.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

No comments: