3.14.2008

Maybe We Should Sign Sam Cassell

Hey, I have a crazy idea.

I heard Sam Cassell got bought out by the LA Clippers and is a free agent.

I know, I know. He's 38-years-old, and might not be the toughest defender in the world.

But, heck, he'd be a great back-up for Rajon Rondo at the point, you know, like when Rondo needs a blow or gets in foul trouble. Come playoff time, man would it be nice to have Cassell's playoff experience coming off the bench.

And it doesn't stop there.

We have this other guy on the team named Ray Allen, who's been having ankle problems now and again this season.

Sam Cassell would provide some insurance in case Ray went down for a few games with an ankle injury. Sam can still hit the mid-range shot, and could easily play along side Rajon for 20-minutes a game.

Whaddya think?

Oh, I get it.

You say we already signed Cassell like three weeks ago?

Could have fooled me.

UPDATE:

Well, well, well.

Doc is playing Sam I am after all.

And guess what?

4-4 for 8 points in the first six minutes.

So there is one upside to the Ray Allen injury--it forced Doc to throw Sam into action.


No comments: