4.05.2008

"Darius Songaila was Huge"

One of FLCeltsFan's daily links is from a Washington Wizard's blog. Despite the blogger expressing hope that the Bullets will meet the Celtics in round 2 of the 2008 NBA playoffs, the piece is fairly even-tempered.

Nonetheless, you do have to question the thinking behind any post that gets excited about the role Darius Songalia might play in a possible round 2 match-up against the Celtics.

Or let me make my point more clearly:

If Darius Songalia is the difference between the Celtics winning round 2 and losing it, or winning round 2 handily and winning it in a struggle, then you, I, and the rest of Celtic Nation have been smoking some powerful stuff over the last 78 games.

4 comments:

Pradamaster said...

Come on dude, that wasn't anything close to what I was saying. Way to take a small point and stretch it to epic proportions.

He was a big reason the Wizards won that game. That's about a million times different than saying he'll be the difference in a potential playoff series.

Perhaps you're the one who's been smoking some powerful stuff.

Lex said...

Apologies if you were offended.

My point was that however well DS played in the last C-W matchup, in my opinion I don't expect him to be a difference maker in the next matchup.

As for smoking stuff, I did say that if DS turned out to be a difference maker, then the last 78 Celtic games were a mirage.

The smoking comment was directed at we in Celtic Nation, not you.

Pradamaster said...

Fair enough. My apologies for the all-scale attacking post. I didn't mean to react in that way.

I just wish you made clear that you were making the stretch, not me.

Lex said...

Point taken.