6.06.2008

The Herd Mentality

It has to stop.

I just can't watch afternoon TV any more.

After watching three straight days of Jim Rome, PTI, Around the Horn, and Jamaal Mashburn on Sports Center, I had to fight off the temptation to drowned my sorrows in booze and pills.

An executive at ESPN decided now was the time to mix the Herd Mentality with a splash of the Snowball Effect to produce a lethal cocktail, or at least nearly lethal for me.

Lakers in 5.

Lakers in 6.

Lakers in 5.

"This is the biggest mismatch in Finals history."

On and on, one pundit after another lining up to genuflect for the purple.

I couldn't take it anymore.

On the other hand, now that we've won a game, don't I owe it to myself and to my team to hear the blustering talking heads hem and haw and qualify their gross overstatements?

Damn, addictions are hard to break.

No comments: