Frustrated with Dating?

Frustrated with dating? Check out this site, where you'll find your old buddy Lex has finally returned to writing original pieces. Hopefully reading them will be as entertaining as it was living through them.

7.17.2008

Bird Wins 1986 MVP in a Landslide

Larry Bird received 73 of 78 first lace votes and 765 of a possible 780 points in running away with his third consecutive MVP award, which was presented during a noon luncheon at Boston Garden's Blades and Boards Club. Dominique Wilkins of the Atlanta Hawks was second with the five remaining first-place votes and 407 points. Magic Johnson of the Lakers was third.

Bird is only the third player in the 40-year history of the league to win the award three straight years. Bill Russell of the Celtics won from 1961-63, and Wilt Chamberlain won from 1966-68.

"I never saw Bill Russell play, but I remember the first time I heard of him," Bird said. "My cousin said we should go outside and play basketball, and he would be Bill Russell and I would be Wilt. I didn't know who Wilt was, and my cousin told me he was famous. We kept statistics for the game, wrote 'em down on paper. I remember that. We were little kids, and I think I had 97 rebounds. That shows you how good we were at shooting."

1 comment:

Term Papers said...

Larry Bird received 73 of 78 first lace votes and 765 of a possible 780 points in running away with his third consecutive MVP award,Certainly Larry Bird have ability to get this award.

Follow by Email