8.10.2008

Dualing Triple Doubles

On November 8, 2006, Ryan Gomes posted a triple-double against the Charlotte Bobcats, finishing with 10 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists. In the same game, Paul Pierce posted a more ignominious triple-double, finishing with 35 points, 13 rebounds and a franchise-worst 12 turnovers.

Gomes became the seventh Celtic to total a triple-double and the first one other than Pierce or Antoine Walker since Kevin Gamble had one on Feb. 16, 1993. Pierce and Gomes are the second Celtics duo to post triple-doubles in the same game. Larry Bird and Robert Parish each had triple-doubles on March 29, 1987.

Did any one Celtic post a triple-double last year?

I'd say no.

Feel free to enlighten me otherwise.

NOTE: I thought my use of "Dualing" in the title was a typo, but then I realized it was a subconscious play on words...

No comments: