8.03.2008

Interesting T. Allen Stat

Tony Allen was third in the entire NBA in steals-per-minute during his rookie year. The dude can, in fact, play some D. We need another playmaker off the bench, "playmaker" as in someone who can make impact plays on offense or defense.

I'm getting excited to see if he can fill that role.

The question I have is not so much whether he's healthy. But whether the melodramas that have plagued him can finally be put to rest. One year he's arrested, the next he blows out his knee. Then he injures his achilles.

Will he be one of those players who always plays under a cloud?

Or can he finally move on and step up on a regular basis?

I'm not a big fan of him at the point, whether it is first string, second string, or third string point. In a pinch, I could be persuaded otherwise. He manned the point in the 12/30/08 rout at Staples. So I do have to give T.Allen some credit for that performance.

2 comments:

1111 said...

i risk to predict a great season for Tony Allen (if he dont get injred again of course): he is 100% healty, get a fair contract, should fill the Posey minutes...

Lex said...

I hope you are right.

BTW, might help if I learned how to spell "do" correctly.

I must have been thinking of giving him his "due"...