Frustrated with Dating?

Frustrated with dating? Check out this site, where you'll find your old buddy Lex has finally returned to writing original pieces. Hopefully reading them will be as entertaining as it was living through them.

8.13.2008

Red Auerbach: The Harvard Business Review Interview

Part 9

HBR: When you are thinking of making a trade or acquiring a new player, do you consult the players?

AUERBACH: Sometimes, sure. Our players are quite intelligent and they want the Celtics to be as good as possible. So I'd talk to a Cousy, a Havlicek, or Russell, or Bird and say, "Hey, we've got a chance to get so and so. What do you think?" Why not ask them? I've never had the ego to think that I know it all.

The coaching staff is also involved in every decision. I would never take it upon myself to force any player down the coach's throat. Because if I give a player to the coach and the coach doesn't want him, he'll resent it and the production of the whole team will suffer.

No comments:

Follow by Email