10.13.2008

POB Quotes Russ

"That's Bill Russell right there," O'Bryant said. "I read an article on him once and he said anybody can throw a blocked shot seven rows up and scream. But then it's their ball and maybe an in-bounds play is their best play. If you keep it in play and, as long as the guards know what's going on, it should fall in their hands."

Asked if he preferred making a good defensive play or an offensive play, O'Bryant said, "I prefer a blocked shot. There are not many people who pride themselves on being a shot-blocker. I want to be able to come in the game and make a difference. When I walk off the court, people will know Pat was just here, he helped us get a better lead, he shut down someone, or whatever it is I needed to do.
"


--Today's Globe

Atta boy, Patrick.

Quoting the Incomparable One and emphasizing defense will win you favor across all of Celticdom.

No comments: