11.10.2008

#18 Weighs in on the Finals

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - Dave Cowens is an assistant coach for the Pistons, and it’s been 28 years since he wore a Celtics [team stats] uniform. But - bless him - he’s still Dave Cowens.

So he was able to quickly shed his disappointment after Detroit fell to the Celts in the Eastern Conference finals last year. The seven-time All-Star and former MVP was firmly on the side of his old club during The Finals.


“Oh, sure,” Cowens said. “Especially when they’re playing the Fakers.”


“I thought they deserved it from start to finish. They were the ones who set the pace for the whole league . . . They bully people, they play really physical . . . and I like it. I think that’s the way you should do it."

That is, of course, the way Cowens did it, too.

--Today's Herald

I always loved Dave Cowens. I think he was pissed when the Celtics chose Pitino over him.

If I were Cowens, I would have been pissed, too.

No comments: