11.29.2008

Buss Tamping Down Expectations

I don't think one game ever determines anything. Somebody can come out flat or something. I tell you one thing: I'm really looking forward to that game, but I won't really measure this team until they have their big Eastern swings and they play Cleveland and Orlando, and catch Detroit again.

--Lakers' Owner Jerry Buss responding to questions about the importance of the Christmas-Day Showdown

My Dearest Jerrys (West and Buss),

Your best bet might be to pray for an injury one or more members of the Big 3. Of course, if that were to happen and you still lost, I perish to think how Lakerdom would react.

1 comment:

Lex said...

Funny how the West is now measuring itself against the best teams in the East.

I don't think a shift in the balance of power is underway.

I think the shift has already occurred.