3.04.2009

How Many Big Games Have We Won this Year?

I count two.
Wed, Dec 17  @ Atlanta  W 88-85
Thu, Jan 22 @ Orlando W 90-80
Atlanta was one of the best teams in the East at the time, and the Celtics snapped a five-game home winning streak for the Hawks. That was a good win. The win over the Magic in Orlando was even bigger. But I struggle to find one more good win this season.

Beating Cleveland at home was pretty good, though it was the first game of the season. Winning in New Orleans wasn't that significant, since they were all beat up. Winning in Dallas wasn't particularly impressive either, since Dallas isn't a great team anymore.

You might add the three wins against Detroit. I was excited about them at the time. Now I realize that Iverson had sucked the soul out their sphincter, and thus the Pistons never really had a chance.

Am I missing any other wins of note?

No comments: