7.08.2009

(crickets chirping)

June 15th was not a fun day. My brother, the die-hard Lakers fan, emailed me. My co-worker, the die-hard Lakers fan, stopped by my desk to pay me a special visit. He'd never done that before. My friend from college, the Timberwolves' fan, McHale hater, and anti-Celtic ranter, gave me a call. I'm sure you know what they had on their minds. Just think of RedsArmy.com seconds after the purple won the title, and you get the picture.

Funny thing, I haven't heard from any of them this week. More curious, Laker fan blogs have been pretty quiet, too. I run a search for "Rasheed" or "Wallace" here and here, and I don't get any hits. I don't get any hits for "Grant Hill" either, but I'm sure that will change once he signs with the world-beating New York Knicks or the title-hungry Phoenix Suns.

No comments: