7.19.2009

D-E-F-E-N-S-E

“Anybody in the NBA can make a layup,’’ said Wallace. “But not everybody can get that stop when your team needs that stop. When they throw the ball at your man, you’re either going to, excuse the French, [expletive] or get off the stool. Defense is something I’ve hung my hat on all the time. If we’re all moving in synchronization on defense, it’s a beautiful thing. My high school coach always told me that offense sells tickets and defense wins championships.’’

I went to my five-year-old son's soccer game the other night, and sat there quietly while the other parents yelled and screamed, hooted and howled, trying to encourage their sons to score a goal. Then a boy on the other team got loose on a break away, and my son ran half the length of the field to knock the ball away. Then I made some noise, some real noise.

A true Celtics' fan loves to watch athletes play defense.

No comments: