Frustrated with Dating?

Frustrated with dating? Check out this site, where you'll find your old buddy Lex has finally returned to writing original pieces. Hopefully reading them will be as entertaining as it was living through them.

7.19.2009

D-E-F-E-N-S-E

“Anybody in the NBA can make a layup,’’ said Wallace. “But not everybody can get that stop when your team needs that stop. When they throw the ball at your man, you’re either going to, excuse the French, [expletive] or get off the stool. Defense is something I’ve hung my hat on all the time. If we’re all moving in synchronization on defense, it’s a beautiful thing. My high school coach always told me that offense sells tickets and defense wins championships.’’

I went to my five-year-old son's soccer game the other night, and sat there quietly while the other parents yelled and screamed, hooted and howled, trying to encourage their sons to score a goal. Then a boy on the other team got loose on a break away, and my son ran half the length of the field to knock the ball away. Then I made some noise, some real noise.

A true Celtics' fan loves to watch athletes play defense.

No comments:

Follow by Email