7.31.2009

Oh My God. It Works.

You know the economy must be showing a faint pulse when you are spending $30 on something called a "YouTube Ripper." But that's what I did. And I must report that this is the greatest invention since the microwave oven.

Sure, you can rip videos off YouTube and watch them on you computer or iPod. But that's not the thing. The thing is the audio files. You can choose to create an MP3 file only, and then stick that on your iPod.

So what?

Well, if you are a lover of music like me, let's just say this opens up an entirely new universe of stuff to listen to. Think Dylan, think Dead, think obscure, think live. Just about anything that has been recorded worth listening to is out there on YouTube, and the quality of the MP3 isn't any different than ripping the audio file off a DVD.

Once you have kids, much of life is reduced to 8-minute increments. Suffice it to say, I've found a new way to fill those eight minutes.

No comments: