9.26.2009

Buying or Selling: KG Plays More than 8 Minutes in Game 1 of NBAx?

I'm selling.

I've got him penciled in at -0- minutes.

It's gonna be an interesting call for the Belichickian brass of the Boston Celtics. Suppose Doc Rivers says "KG is healthy enough to play. But we need to give Shelden and Sheed some extra time on the floor to get acclimated. So we're gonna hold Kevin out for the first game."

That dog won't hunt.

Kevin Garnett's the guy who needs to shake off the rust, and get his legs under him. That's a much bigger question mark than Shelden and Sheed getting acclimated.

Still, I wouldn't rule this out. In fact, I say this is the most likely scenario, and we'll see how it washes with the media.

Next say Garnett plays. Well, he has to play at least 8 minutes, doesn't he? Anything less, and questions will abound. But if he plays at all, the world will be able to judge for themselves how his knee looks.

See?

This will be a very interesting decision.

5 comments:

FLCeltsFan said...

I am not sure about whether KG plays in the preseason, but I am fully expecting him to play against Cleveland on the 27th.

FLCeltsFan said...

This whole KG thing has turned you into quite the skeptic. We need more koolaid.

Lex said...

Yeah, it definitely has had me going for about a month now. I'm hoping for a return of the good old days when our only concern was exactly how dominant we would be!

JR said...

No one remembers who played in the preseason come playoff time. I just want KG back 100%. If it takes until November, fine. if it take until the New Year, I'd miss watching him, but I could live with it. What I don't want is for him to get out there playing in October, look sluggish and then suddenly he's back on the shelf.

Lex said...

Me, too, JR.

But I'd also like a little more information from the team about KG