9.01.2009

Danny's Goodbye to Gabe

"We like Gabe but he was not going to get a chance to play much with Marquis [Daniels] coming in," Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said last night.

Boston Globe
August 1, 2009


For those of us inclined to read tea leaves, Danny's collected cryptic comments have led many Celtics' fans to believe that Doc will simply cobble together a back-up point guard out of Eddie House, Marquis Daniels, Tony Allen, and Lester Hudson. The other interpretation is that that Marquis Daniels has already been anointed the backup point guard. The above quote lends some credence to this latter view.

If you think Eddie House is a bad ball-handler, I'm not so sure you'll like how S'quisy handles the rock. I hate to say it, but he's right up there with TA.

4 comments:

FLCeltsFan said...

I don't see Quisy being the back up point unless Danny is bringing in another back up SF. That was a glaring weakness for us and still would be if he has Daniels playing a lot of minutes at point. I like Daniels backing up Pierce and bring in a veteran true point (which has also been a weakness). Hopefully the patchwork PG is just speculation and we have a real PG coming soon.

Lex said...

Probably so

Lex said...

Another possibility:

BW is Danny's backup 3, and MD is the backup point, while EH is the backup 2.

FLCeltsFan said...

I love Walker's game. I think he can be the back up 3 this year. I love the way he gets under guys' skins. I'd rather a veteran PG than Quisy but I guess it could work without with Eddie and Quisy.