9.28.2009

Garnett Underwent Several Procedures in the Offseason

Garnett injured his right knee during a game against the Jazz in February. The power forward attempted a comeback during the regular season, but he shut it down before the end of the season and missed all of the playoffs with the injury. Garnett said he underwent several "procedures", as he called them, this offseason.

LINK

"No surprises, other than the severity of the injury," said Garnett. "I didn't know it was that bad."

Garnett was asked to clarify.

"It was just what we thought it was, but it was more than that," said Garnett. "Put it like this: a bone spur the size of this tape recorder ended up being the size of this microphone...It's pretty severe, but the best thing about it is I got it out of the way. I'm almost 100 percent going forward. The best thing about it is I'm playing without any pain, which is something I haven't had in quite some time." The first 5-on-5 game was a bit of a struggle, Garnett said.

So Garnett did play some 5-on-5. But it doesn't sound like it went too well. This is sounding like a sloooow recovery to me. The veil of secrecy is starting to lift.

Can we get a date on the last procedure? I'll bet you KG's salary that it was after May 26th, which might explain why we're still talking in the language of recovery on September 28th.

8 comments:

Partner, Ryvin Wallace Group said...

"It's pretty severe, but the best thing about it is I got it out of the way. I'm almost 100 percent going forward. The best thing about it is I'm playing without any pain, which is something I haven't had in quite some time."

This was key to that article IMO, and sounds very encouraging to me.

Lex said...

Yes, longer term. But I'm not sure he can go all out for quite a while.

No?

Matty said...

I think doc will just ease him back in, especially with the luxury of sheed, i mean he can run the same plays for sheed as he did for kg, and it would make sure that sheed is acclimated, although, whats up with kenny p??? is the shoulder still playing up?

Partner, Ryvin Wallace Group said...

Yes. Longer term. But longer term is what matters IMO, Lex.

My biggest concern was (still is) that KG, the chest thumping shit talking motherfucker KG, is done; and that we are left with a shell of KG - an effective player, but one limited due to injuries.

KG's words give me hope it's a matter of when, not if. As long as the motherfucker comes back, at some point, I am fine.

Lex said...

Yeah, CW, I'm encouraged. At least we are getting some info now.

Lex said...

Yeah, Matt, Perk had shoulder problems during magic series.

FLCeltsFan said...

Perk strained his shoulder,but he didn't dislocate so they didn't do surgery and last I heard it was fine.

I'm more worried about the bone spurs that were bothering Pierce in the playoffs. He didn't have surgery on them and I worry that they will come back to bite us like KG's did last season.

Lex said...

I hope not on pierce, but it certainly is a possibility