9.28.2009

Zen Mistress: Ariza's Departure Leaves a Spot Open

- On continuity from last season: “I have a group on the floor that I know can finish ball games, but a spot is open (with Trevor leaving).

- On point guard dynamic: “There’s no secret that we’ve tried to limit Derek’s (Fisher) minutes … His work ethic is unbelievable, his preparation is as good as anyone I’ve ever coached and he’s played 82 games over the course of (four years). That being said, we want to keep him in a 22 to 28 minute role.

LINK

Psst. Hey, Phil. You may want to talk with Mitchy. I think you guys just singed someone named Artest to fill the hole left by Ariza. In fact, I think you guys are paying him about $5m per yer for the next five years.

3 comments:

Lex said...

I bring up the point guard reference, because, as many of you know, whenever I do, some Laker fan gets a bee in their bonnet and screams "How dare you!" You're criticizing the starting point guard on the nba champions.

Give me a break.

If you're starting point guard is targeted to play 22 minutes, I mean, what does that tell you?

Ryan said...

Have you ever come across a more sensitive fan base in any sport?

Lex said...

No, and with my brother being one, I've had close access!