10.01.2009

3-0, Baby

[kg+perk+sheed.bmp]

In three scrimmages yesterday, Doc played a unit that consisted of Perk, Sheed, and KG. I think Danny played one guard and Cornbread played the other guard (just kidding, but would it have mattered?).

Score?

3-0!

OK, so it was just the Tall Three beating up on the rest of the team. No biggie, right? But if you watch the Day 3 Debriefing video again, it sort of sounds like Doc may use this line-up quite a bit. Whoa! If so, we're gonna be administering some serious beatdowns in the paint.

I mean, come on. Yeah, in the 1980s you had Lurch and the Chief, Lurch and Mountain Man, and even Mountain Man and the Chief. But you almost never had Lurch, Mountain Man and the Chief all on the floor at the same time. That's what we're talking about with Sheed, Perk, and the Ticket, only the latter three are likely to be more mobile than Walton, McHale, and Parish.

Sorry, Bird fans.

But Larry just wasn't a shot-blocking force of intimidation.

4 comments:

Matty said...

if you put that with squisy at the point, and p squared at the 2, then that makes for a crazily big line up! will be great to watch!

Lex said...

Matt, you just captured my next piece. I finished it but haven't posted it yet!!!

Lex said...

The best part of the day 3 debriefing was when Perk was asked how the unit of those three did. 3-0! Same look on his face and same tone in his voice as Paul Pierce when Michelle Tafoya asked him how the Celtics recovered from sitting on the tarmac for so long between games 5 and 6. It's the NBA Finals, Michelle!

FLCeltsFan said...

I have goosebumps running up and down my spine. I think I had a dream similar to this once but this is for real!!! I can't wait for this season to start.