10.13.2009

Garnett Learning to Pick his Spots?

Garnett said he has toned down his approach to the season, gradually working back into shape. “I’m thinking more of a defensive mind-set since I’ve stepped in there,’’ Garnett said. “I’m a lot more passive vs. my years past, you know.“Whatever I can do to make this team better, I’m trying to do that. A lot of my energy comes from the defensive end, and energy-wise I’m going at it like that.’’

LINK

I'm not sure we need Kevin Garnett going full-throttle 24/7 to win. But we do need him to stay healthy. If he can play yin to Paul's yang, meaning if KG can learn how to coast when we don't need him and then accelerate when we do, this team will be better in the long run. The 1968-69 Celtics snuck up on teams in the playoffs taking exactly this approach. We may need to tone down the boasting this year, however, or we won't sneak up on anyone.

No comments: