10.13.2009

Sheed Talks KG Down from the Ledge

“I’ve taken him out of practices, which is tough, because he has to break through a wall of sorts,’’ Rivers said. “But we need his legs. Does he accept it? No, he doesn’t accept anything. But that is a good thing. Rasheed [Wallace] has been good for him. I heard him say, ‘Kevin, we’re not going to win it tonight.’ And that was at a practice. Kevin was mad. He was watching and saying all these things. It’s hard for him. He starts up here (Rivers raising his hand to the sky). And he keeps going up here.

--Peter May

I find this intriguing because I barely understand what's going on, yet the gist of it is pretty powerful. My take is that KG had to be talked down from the ledge about losing a pre-season, intra-squad scrimmage. Whoa. Good thing we got Sheed. BTW, a team with Sheed and KG lost a scrimmage? Ok. Maybe I see how Garnett got on the ledge in the first place.

Another take is that Sheed was telling KG that the Celtics weren't going to win the championship tonight. It's a practice, dammit. So chill. Either way, good to hear Sheed is present to talk some sense into him.

No comments: