11.04.2009

Anti-Bynum Bias?

Andrew Bynum had 10 rebounds Tuesday in the 101-98 overtime win at Oklahoma City and seemed to please Jackson, maybe, in a way, perhaps. "He had a 10-rebound game and we like that," Jackson said. "His help defense was better tonight. I'd like to see him block a couple shots that come in there." Bynum actually blocked a big one down the stretch, getting a piece of Kevin Durant's 17-footer with 23.9 seconds left in overtime and the Lakers ahead, 99-98. But Bynum was not credited with a blocked shot by the official scorer and finished with none in the final box score."Of course not," Bynum said with a shrug. "I never get my stats."

LINK

"I never get my stats." Wow. So there is an anti-Bynum conspiracy among official scorers in the league??? Ah. I get it. The Zen Mistress has taught young Andrew well. If something doesn't go the way you want it to go, point the finger of blame! After all, isn't that what Phil Jackzen has done over and over again throughout his coaching career?

No comments: