11.05.2009

Not a Bad First Six Games for the Beast


E-mail photo|Buy photos



SEASON AVERAGES
Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
09-10 BOS 6 6 26.3 0.615 0.000 0.583 0.8 4.7 5.5 1.2 0.0 2.3 2.50 2.30 9.2
Career
370 256 21.1 0.552 0.000 0.613 1.8 3.9 5.7 1.0 0.3 1.4 1.55 2.80 5.7

I was gathering autographs before a recent game when I told the Beast "10 more years and #43 will be hoisted to the rafters."

"Yeah, right," he responded, as he finished signing my SI championship book.

He's certainly no KG, Paul Pierce, or Ray Allen. Hey may not even be an All-Star or All-Defense . . . yet. But he's already got one ring, and who knows how many more he'll win. Does anyone doubt his indispensability to this team? If Don Nelson's number can get hoisted, is it really that hard to imagine a jersey-raising ceremony for the Beast?

6 comments:

slam said...

His rebounding has been a little dissapointing so far, but everything else has been excellent.

Lex said...

Yeah, about 1 shy of good enough.

testing thing said...

Nitpicking, but I can't stand when a player's FT% is lower than his FG%. I can see his number up there. Starting this off season we will lose (as a starter at least) 1 of the big 3 each season. That will leave Rondo and Perkins as the core of this team 3 years from now.

Lex said...

That's a bold prediction, PIP. I'm assuming you mean will lose Ray Allen next summer?

r4 said...

Hi all...
I am playing games on pc and i like to know more about gaming...
I like this article because it's provide lot's of fun and knowledge...

FLCeltsFan said...

I certainly never doubt ho indispensable Perk is to this team. Perk plays his role perfectly. I'm all for putting his number up in the rafters. Danny needs to give him a decent contract next year. The guy signed low on his first contract and has showed loyalty to the franchise and it's time for Danny to show a little back. Perk needs to be a Celtic for life.