11.02.2009

Pose and Squeeze Talk about Each Other

“I'm Marquis,” Daniels said before the game. “Posey is a good player. He does what he does good, I do what I do good. I don't try to compare myself to anyone. He's a great player, he's done a lot of great things like I said. I just plan on coming in and being myself and helping our team as much as possible.”

He added, “We both play defense. I probably handle the ball better. He does a lot of great things and I do a lot of things good also so like I said, I don't try to compare myself to no one.” Both players had relatively quiet games on Sunday night as they guarded one another at several points. Daniels finished with three points and two rebounds in 18 minutes; Posey was scoreless with four rebounds in 20 minutes.

Posey said the comparisons are inevitable but doesn't think either player should pay attention to them. Just as he was a good fit on the Celtics two years ago, he believes Daniels is in the right place this season. “He's a great player,” Posey said. “Actually, we're pretty good friends. He can score better than I can for the most part. He has that toughness, physically and mentally, to go out there and play and just compete. So I mean, for that, he fits this team well.”

“He can score the ball,” he continued. “He's versatile, attacking the basket just like Paul. So that coming off the bench as well, just that whole mixture that they have over there is special and they'll fit right in.

LINK

No comments: