2.18.2010

Lakers Fan Loves the Celtics

Even though I hated the Celtics, I still dug Paul Pierce. Loved his game, loved his moxie, loved everything about him. I didn't necessarily think Doc Rivers was the greatest coach, but he was a likable man. Then they had to go and trade for Ray freaking Allen and Kevin fudging Garnett. Three of my favorite players in the league, and one of the more likable coaches, suddenly were rocking with the friggin' Celtics. This was bad news.

It took all the joy out of hating the Celtics. How am I going to "hate" a team with PP, Jesus Shuttlesworth, KG and Doc? Even when they completely bullied the Lakers in the 2008 Finals, I couldn't coax any loathing. On the real, deep down, I was kinda happy for them. I admired the way Boston played and wished the Lakers were more like them.

LINK

No comments: