6.01.2010

Doc Blows Sunshine at the Mistress

Doc Rivers was asked about coaching against the Lakers' Phil Jackson in the NBA Finals, as the Celtics fielded questions Monday afternoon at their training facility in woody, suburban Waltham, Mass.

Rivers chuckled.

"Oh, like I've always said, I don't even look at that matchup," Rivers said, a few hours before the team departed for Los Angeles.

"You're comparing me to Phil . . . we're in trouble. He's got 10 rings. I've got one. Obviously, you go by his record, he's the best coach to ever coach the game."

--LA TIMES

Somehow, given Doc's past criticism of the Mistress for blaming losses on the zebras, I don't think that Rivers really believes that the Jackzen's championship numbers makes him a better coach.

1 comment:

The Kid said...

I don't think there is much disputing that Jackson is at least one of the top 3 coaches in the history of the NBA. He has strong consideration for being the best ever.