6.06.2010

Mr. Ainge, Mr. Garnett, and my Mom

For starters, what did Danny Ainge think of Game 1?

“I thought we were tentative. But series change all the time, even in regular-season play, let alone the NBA Finals. You have a blowout victory one night and the next night you have a blowout the other way.’’

He said he hadn’t seen Pau Gasol’s mild yet overblown comments about Kevin Garnett.

“He’s just stating his opinion. I don’t have much reaction to it. I hope KG has reaction to it.’’

LINK

I had lunch with my 82-year-old mother yesterday. Normally we talk babies (we just had number 2) and jobs (I need to find a better one) and markets (how much money have we been losing). Yesterday took a different turn.

Mom:

Did you see the guy with the mustache?

Lex:

What guy with a mustache?

Mom:

The guy who looks like a llama on the Lakers?

Lex:

You mean Gasol?

Mom:

I think so. I just think of him as the llama with a mustache.

Lex:

Well, what about him?

Mom:

Did you hear what he said about Garnett?

Lex:

I think so.

Mom:

I hope Garnett shuts him up the next game.

This is groundbreaking. My Mom became a Celtics fan in the 80s, and then tailed off ever since. She was happy with the 2008 championship, but mostly because it made the 1980s Celtics happy. Now here she is back in the fight, telling Garnett to buck up.

You can see where I get my attitude.

4 comments:

FLCeltsFan said...

Congrats on baby #2!!! And to your mom: You go girl!!!

Matty said...

DITTO!
thats epic!

Lex said...

Thanks to you both!

Matty said...

Good win! Lets hope we can hold firm at home!