10.29.2012

Jason Terry has a Chip



"I'll never forget '05-06," Terry said, referring to when his Mavericks lost to the Heat. "I should be a two-time champion right now, but it wasn't so. But I'll never forget that feeling walking off that court after Game 6 in Dallas, when confetti dropped on our heads.

"I'd like to remember winning the championship but what sticks in my head is when we lost. And I've got to believe it's a feeling similar to what Boston felt in Game 7 last year. So I come right into the rivalry, ready for it. Game No. 1, whether Miami or someone else, it's basketball and it kicks off the season
.

Anytime something sticks in your craw, you, my friend, have a chip. Above and beyond that, I think Jason Terry walks around life with a chip on his shoulder. He's got something to prove, and he's gonna show us what.

I'm with KG. If I'm being sent to a foxhole, I want Jason Terry next to me.

No comments: