5.25.2013

P-Mac at Fenway



Once upon a time this blog was pretty cool. We used to post Beatles stuff here. This particular post remains one of my alltime faves. Then I got into U2. But I sense a shifting back in loyalties. First there was seeing Beatles Love in Vegas. "Mindblowing" is the only word to describe it. If you are a Beatles fan and haven't seen this, put seeing this production on your bucket list. If you don't have a bucket list, make one.

Then came the world premier in movie theaters of Rock Show, the two-hour tribute to the Wings over America Tour. Fabulous doesn't begin to describe. What you start to grasp, right around song #5, is the well-spring of creativity that flowed forth from Paul McCartney's brain, something that continued on well past 1970, when the Beatles went their separate ways. BTW, anyone who tells you that Lennon was the sole source of creativity in that band, don't believe them.

As I was looking for tickets to the above shows, I realized that P-mac is back on tour. Somehow, I've never seen him in person. Yes, I have large quantities of his CDs and DVDs. But seeing him live I've never managed to do, and time is running out.

So let this post kick-off what will be a long series of Beatles and McCartney related posts.

It's gonna be fun.

Not as much fun as seeing P-Mac at Fenway.

But certainly part of the foreplay leading up to that performance.

:  )

2 comments:

FLCeltsFan said...

That will be an awesome show. I too am a big Beatles fan. Must have seen Hard Days Night and Help in the movies close to a hundred times LOL.

Lex said...

really? Yeah, you know I think I'm a big fan. Then I read stories like that and realize as vast as my love is its still small beans compared to some