12.06.2013

Bambino Grande Hit by Car in Rome

October 3, 2007

ROME - I've got a little tip for you today. When you're in Rome, watch the cars. They will knock you out.

I was walking to go meet the guys to get something to eat and - this is no lie - a car really hit me. I was crossing the street, and then a guy slows down to come around a corner and - boom. The guy was like, ``Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.'' I swear it happened.

But the car was so small. He kind of hit me on the thigh, but it didn't even hurt at all. I mean, it was one of those small cars that just fits two people. You see them all over here.

I told my mom I got hit by a car, and she was like, ``Oh, lord, are you hurt?'' I told her, ``No, mom, I'm way bigger than the car.''

The guy knew it, too. When he got out, he checked his car first to see if it was OK. It was fine. No insurance claims or anything like that. Everything's intact. I just kept walking.

I'll watch the cars in Rome from now on. That's the advice I would give to anybody who comes to Rome. Other than that I had a good meal. I ate ravioli this time. Not octopus.

No comments: