10.13.2015

DJ Hired as Scout


 
September 6, 1991
Former Celtics guard Dennis Johnson has officially rejoined the team - as a scout.

Johnson said yesterday his duties will include evaluating college talent on the West Coast, where he and his family hope to relocate as soon as they sell their Lexington home. 

"I think this will be a great opportunity," said Johnson. "I haven't done any scouting before, but I do know the game, and I'm confident it's something I can handle. What I plan to do is meet with Chris Ford to see what he has in mind, and talk to chief scout Rick Weitzman to pick up a few pointers. It's going to be a learning process for me."

Celtic officials have said for some time they plan to hold a day in Johnson's honor whenever he officially announced his retirement. This latest development likely will pave the way.

Still no word, however, on whether Johnson's No. 3 will be hoisted to the rafters.

No comments: