6.13.2016

Scalabrine Unfazed by Lack of Fan Interest


August 3, 2005

    Brian Scalabrine is used to being discounted as a basketball player. He was cut from his high school team as a freshman, drafted in the second round out of Southern Cal in 2001, and has spent most of his first four seasons in the NBA as a backup. So it won't bother Scalabrine, who was introduced as the newest Celtic at the HealthPoint practice facility in Waltham, that some may consider his signing insignificant. "Everywhere I've been, people have counted me out," said Scalabrine, who signed a five-year deal with Boston for a reported $15 million after spending the last four seasons with the Nets. "No one ever thought I'd be in the league for four years - some probably not even one year. I'm still trying to prove people wrong and I will continue to do that probably for the rest of my career." Scalabrine, a 6-foot-9-inch, 235-pound forward, averaged 6.3 points and 4.5 points last season for New Jersey.

No comments: