12.18.2017

Perkins Hurts Toe

12/12/2007

WALTHAM - Until yesterday, if you Googled the words "injured toe," "furniture," and "Celtics center," you'd come up with Pervis Ellison dropping a coffee table on his foot in 1996. That caused the oft-injured Ellison to miss pretty much all of the 1996-97 season.

Kendrick Perkins only had his bed fall on his toe. But he might miss tonight's game against the Kings because of it. He didn't participate in yesterday's workout, though X-rays revealed nothing sinister.

"I guess whoever put my bed together didn't put it together right," Perkins told the Associated Press. "When I moved, one side of my bed fell. My bed was tilted, so I got out of my bed to go push down on the other side. And when I was about getting ready to push down on the other side, the headboard started coming in. So I tried to push the headboard back so it wouldn't fall over. My foot was under the bed and the other side of the bed fell on my foot."

"Perk's foot, a big toe injury, and that is a concern," said coach Doc Rivers. "Right now, I would say there's a very good chance we're going to be without Perk and Scot Pollard."

Pollard missed yesterday's workout with a bad back.

Should Perkins not go, it would be the first time this season Rivers has had to make a change in the starting lineup. The coach said he would start James Posey, Brian Scalabrine, or Glen Davis at power forward and move Kevin Garnett to center.

No comments: