6.01.2008

Any Other Celtics with a Score to Settle?

One thing that impressed me most about the two Celtics victories over the Lakers this season was the totality of the beating. Pretty much from beginning to end, even when Tony "I can't dribble all that well" Allen started at the point in place of the injured Rajon Rondo, the Celtics administered beat-downs from the word go.

We didn't administer too many of those, especially against the good teams. True, the Lakers didn't have Gasol. But if you look at the Lakers game schedule, they headed into the game at Staples with an impressive stretch of wins and then followed the loss at Staples with another impressive stretch.

So it was only the Celtics who interrupted their nirvana.

Which got me to thinking, was it mere coincidence that the Celtics saved their best performances for the purple? Or is there something more going on at a personal level?

We know that Ray-Ray has something personal going with Kobe.

What about KG, Paul, and Posey?

James Posey has always taken pride in helping shut down the likes of Dirk, LeBron, and Chauncey. He's also not afraid to talk some smack. Does he have something personal going with Kobe?

KG is one of the best players in the NBA. So is Kobe. Both have a single MVP. Kobe has three rings. Does Kobe fluant those championships in front of Kevin? KG is close to Russell, and the Lakers are closing in on the Celtics championship total, while Phil Jackson is one title away from surpassing Red's championship total. Has Russell conveyed a personal sense of urgency about winning this series?

Paul and Kobe have gone mano y mano on any number of occassions, but it's unclear how personal its gotten.

It's too bad Andrew Bynum isn't healthy, cuz we know Perk enjoys that match-up.

Maybe Perk has something going with Gasol or Odom?

It's not like me to just throw crap at the wall.

But I would bet there is a lot more going on here on a personal level than we know about.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lex Nihil Novi,

Hi,
My name is Matthew Hume the owner over at New England Sports Blog. I would like to
invite you and your site into a link exchange with us at NESB. You can either register
at http://www.newenglandsportsblog.com/ and submit your information in our link
directory ( http://newenglandsportsblog.com/index.php?option=com_jvse&Itemid=182 )(would
be most appreciated :)) or you can send me your information and I will take care of it
from the NESB side.

Here is the NESB info:

Site Name: New England Sports Blog
Site URL: http://www.newenglandsportsblog.com/
Site Description: New England Sports Blog provides great coverage of the Celtics, Red
Sox, Bruins, Patriots and more, including our Loose Change section.
Contact Email Address: matt@newenglandsportsblog.com
Page Your Site URL Will Be Listed On:
http://newenglandsportsblog.com/index.php?option=com_jvse&task=links&Itemid=182&pg=1&cid=19


Thank You,
Matthew David Hume-NESB

Lex said...

Thanks, Matthew.

I just submitted the information at your site, and added a link to your site at the bottom of my blog.

Anonymous said...

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the entire Boston Celtics organization has a score to settle! I don't know about you Lex, but if I were any member of the NBA BEST BOSTON CELTICS and I was opposing LA and had to endure all this Faker Laker Fandom from the bandwagoning NBA community, I would have a little scoreboard settlement for Kobe and Company!

Since when is a 78 win team who owns home court advantage the underdog in the first week of June? Someone please answer me that!

Lex, Are you currently looking for a second home for your blogging skills? Shoot me an Email and let me know your status.

Lex said...

"Faker" --now there is a politically charged word.

Without consulting what I wrote on my own blog, I'm gonna say it was Cornbread that clutched his throat while Worthy was at the stripe and it was ML who coined the word "fakers."

I believe there was a Herald article in December of last year calling them the fakers, too.

I'll be curious to see what happens. The Ls have laughed and yawned their way through the playoffs, just like the Ls did in the West during the 80s.

I just don't see them continuing their dance in the Finals.

Anonymous said...

You give me fond childhood flashbacks on the regular with your fresh and insightful content, thank you for that and keep up the good work!

Thanks to the relentless and exhausting mentions of GINO and 'You Should be Dancing'-BeeGees by the local media and blogging community alike, we all damn well know who is going to have the last laugh and Champagne dance! How sweet it will be for Boston's latest version of the BIG 3! Is that cigar smoke I smell?....

Lex said...

Hey Matt, I'm definitely interested in contributing to your blog. Thaks for the offer.

Maybe we can chat again later in the week?

FLCeltsFan said...

The Celtics laughed and danced through the playoffs, but which teams did they face that actually played defense against them? Denver? Not even close. The Jazz, some, but not anything like what the Celtics play. Spurs? They are but a shell of their former selves. Defense will decide this championship.

Lex said...

You got it, FCF.