7.30.2008

Celtics Tank will be Empty for 2008 Finals

Orange County Register, June 3

Jackson's format for peaking late in the regular season has gotten the Lakers hot -- and thus well rested -- at the best time. Boston exerted too much juice proving itself before we even hit 2008 and now has slogged through 20 of the maximum 21 playoff games. The Celtics rely on defensive activity -- something that just isn't there when the tank is nearing empty. The teams that already pushed Boston (Atlanta, Cleveland and Detroit) ran little-engine offenses that couldn't do much. The Lakers -- with a dazzling passing game keyed by Bryant's unrivaled efficiency -- are the big engine that could ... and will.

8 comments:

1111 said...

LOL u'r really making fun of all these Fakers belivers! :D

Lex said...

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how many "experts" picked the L's to steamroll the celtics.

FLCeltsFan said...

It was amazing that just about everyone picked the Lakers in 5 or 6. Not many people gave the Celtics a chance. It was so nice being able to rub it their faces. Tim Legler had to feel pretty good. He was the only one out of 10 ESPN "experts" who picked the Celtics. I love seeing all these predictions again.

Lex said...

So what do y'all make of the paul pierce "I am better than Kobe" remarks?

I don't have a problem with it.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with having confidence in yourself like Pierce does.

Lex said...

I agree with da kid.

Hey, Kid, I see in one post you wrote you aren't old enough to have watched the Cs in the 1980s.

Then how do you know so much about them?

Anonymous said...

I started following basketball hardcore in 1993 but I was already of the greats like Bird, Magic, Jordan and others but I wasn't a serious follower of the sport. Around '93 I would read up on whatever I could on NBA history and watching the old programs. I used to have a teacher with Sports Illustrated issues from 1980-1982 and that was my original starting point for knowledge about the 1980's NBA.

Lex said...

Reading is underrated.

I've read a lot about Russell's C's and feel like I know them pretty well.