8.03.2009

Give It to Me, Shelden

Settling in:

New Timberwolves' forward Shelden Williams logged as many minutes (18) against the Lakers as he has in the three other games he has played for the Wolves since being acquired along with point guard Bobby Brown in a Feb. 19 trade with Sacramento. Williams made the most of the opportunity, with 14 points and 11 rebound
s.

Yeah, I know. It was a meaningless 110-90 loss. But anytime you post these kind of numbers in limited play against the "crick-in-our-neck" gang, I'm gonna tip my hat. And you never know, he might see some action against the purple this year. God, wouldn't it be great to see him rough up Pau and Lamar? I won't write much about this acquisition tonight. But I will say we ain't gonna enter the first game of the regular season with six bigs under our collective belt. Baby or Scal will get dealt for a higher priority need.

No comments: