8.07.2009

Sheed is Washed Up, Shelden Gets an LOL

  1. Los Angeles Lakers (1) - They're the defending champs and they just added Ron Artest, so unfortunately I had no choice but to put them here, though I'm not ready to write them down for 70 wins like the average front-runner is. And yeah, I thought the resigning of Lamar Odom was a little overblown. With a starting frontcourt of Artest, Gasol, and Bynum, how important can Odom possibly be? Oh yeah, and Adam Morrison is due to make over $5 million this coming season.
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers (3) - Shaq not only is an upgrade overall from Zydrunas Ilgauskas, but he also gives them someone that can contain Dwight Howard, something that Ilgauskas and Anderson Varejao couldn't do. Anthony Parker is an underrated addition as well.
  3. Orlando Magic (2) - Vince Carter instead of Hedo Turkoglu = upgrade. Matt Barnes instead of Courtney Lee = upgrade. Brandon Bass instead of Tony Battie = upgrade. A healthy Jameer Nelson = upgrade. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they repeated as Eastern Conference champs, but I'm giving the Cavs the slight edge since they have the best player.
  4. Boston Celtics (4) - With Kevin Garnett healthy, they should at least be back in the title picture. However, I think the Cavs and Magic improved a little too much. I don't see a washed-up Rasheed Wallace being a major difference-maker. I honestly think Ainge was just flattered by his big name like he was with Marbury. I don't see Shelden Williams being a difference-maker, either (LOL).
--CBS Sports

No comments: