9.08.2009

Garnett Can Tough It Out

December 12, 2008

Garnett wore a white wrap around his right knee instead of his usual black one, prompting concern he might have a knee injury. He didn't seem to move as smoothly as normal, but said, "I'm out there. I'm doing what I do. I don't think anyone in the league is 100 percent. I am energetic in setting guys up, making plays, and getting guys easy baskets."

LINK

January 8, 2009

Kevin Garnett's right leg was heavily wrapped after the Celtics' 89-85 loss to the Rockets last night. But Garnett played 34-plus minutes and was the game's most aggressive shooter, scoring 18 points on 19 field goal attempts, many of them from outside the lane. "He has soreness all over his body right now," coach Doc Rivers said of Garnett. Asked if Garnett needed time off to recover, Rivers said, "If I thought it was something where it could cost us later, but it's not anywhere near that at all."

LINK

Interesting.

Of course, KG went down for the season a month later, in February 2009, with an injury to his right knee.

No comments: