10.07.2009

Ainge has Dropped 25 Pounds

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/nba_g_bird_395-1.jpg

"I feel great," Ainge, 50, says. "I try to get 45 minutes to an hour of cardio each day. Nothing fanatical. How can I not work out? I practically live in a health facility." Ainge has lost 25 pounds since the heart attack and says he's more conscious about what he eats. He also sleeps better at night
.

LINK

As someone who last November was complaining how the 1980s Celtics had Gone to Seed, I was not surprised by Danny's heart attack five months later, even though he was in better shape than McHale, Bird, or Walton. DJ was overweight, too, before he passed on. Hopefully, the other three have adjusted their diet and exercise regimen accordingly.

Joe Dumars could also benefit from a better workout routine. Skinny guys that balloon up in retirement kind of scare me.

No comments: