10.10.2009

Butter Bean has a Chance to Make the Team?

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/images/fighter/354_l.jpg

Michael Sweetney has caught Rivers’ eye. The wide, 6-foot-8 free agent who lost his place in the league because of conditioning issues had two points and two boards in five minutes.“He’s an NBA player,” Rivers said. “There’s no doubt about it. I mean, he has to get in better shape. We’ll see how that goes. He’s working at it.” Stay-on-the-Celtic-roster skills? “There’s a place for everybody - whoever earns it,” Rivers said before the C’s second exhibition game. “I mean, we would obviously have to do something to keep him, but that’s up to him to make us want to do that.

LINK

Oh come on. Sure, I'm intrigued by what the Celtics "would have to do" to make room for Butter Bean. And no doubt he has crushed a couple defenders setting picks. But would I rather have him or Scal? Is it even close? At this point, I would even rather have Shelden, and he's on the verge of officially failing to impress me. But I suppose there's always JR Giddens and Lester Hudson, since the depth chart at point guard goes something like this:

Rajon Rondo
Marquis Daniels
Eddie House
Tony Allen
Lester Hudson

No comments: