10.10.2009

Shelden

I've watched Shelden Williams all of two games and I think I'm ready to diagnose his problem. He doesn't make things happen. Yes, he had the nice put-back in game one. But I don't seem him fighting for rebounds, fighting for position, or showing any signs of fight in general. For a two-time Defensive Player of the Year in college, he doesn't really seem to "get after it" on D. He doesn't even seem that active in making shot-block attempts, which is supposedly one of his defining skills. Again, it's early. But we need more activity from #13.

By the way, I stand corrected. I've been calling Shelden Williams' jumper "mechanically sound" for a couple of posts, now. Last night Tommy Heinsohn pointed out that Shelden leaves his pinky extended and elevated on his follow through. That's why Tommy Heinsohn is doing what he's doing and I'm doing what I'm doing.

No comments: