10.04.2009

Hell Yeah

I’ve had numerous college coaches who are watching practice come up to me and say, ‘Man, that’s the loudest defensive talking team I’ve ever seen. I’ve never seen anything like it.’ It’s good because it’s on both units now. In the past, it’s been on the starting unit. When we had (James) Posey, there was some from the second unit. Now with Rasheed, he’s got Baby (Glen Davis) talking.”

Doc has a set of reserves that can do more than simply hold on to what’s inherited from the starters. The Celtics bench figures to be one of their main strengths. “Yeah,” Wallace said. “Hell, yeah. We can be really good. And I don’t mind coming off the bench. I’ve done it before in my career. It’s no problem. Actually I think it’s better for me to come off the bench, because for them first couple of minutes when that first five is in there, you can see the little things and what you need to do when you get in there. Like you might see the first five is not hustling and now you know you’ve got to get in there and hustle. If they’re not rebounding, I know I’ve got to go in there and rebound. You get to look at the game then see what you’ve got to go in there and do.”

LINK

I'm gonna steal a little IP from the Army, and summarize some disparate threads on this blog from the last week. What have we all learned in the last week? 1) The Celtics were distracted last year; 2) Our bench sucked last year, really bad; 3) Marquis is gonna play lots of minutes, James Posey minutes.

Which got me to thinking.

Quick, how many minutes per game did James Posey average in 2007-08?

I'm gonna guess 22.

Nope, 24.

Still, that's nothing like 30. If S'quisy is gonna be a man for all seasons, then to me that means he's pretty much gonna be on the floor at least 28 MPGs. If he's backing up Rondo (12 MPG), backing up Paul Pierce (12 MPGs), and he's backing up Ray Allen (8 MPGs), I see 30 minutes of playing time. So as much as we remember James Posey being on the floor, could it be that Squisy will play even more?

2 comments:

FLCeltsFan said...

I can see Marquis playing lots of minutes backing up both the 1 and the 3.

Defense is going to win the championship and I love hearing everyone talking about this team's defense. Communication is the key and we have the guys who will communicate.

I can't wait till Wednesday to see them in action.

Lex said...

'85 bears!!!

Is that our team motto?