10.08.2009

How Tall Was #5?

Chicago Tribune Company
May 28, 1986


``I know Bill is every bit of 7-2,`` Bird said. ``Why does he want to be listed shorter? Who knows with Bill Walton. But I know for a fact he is taller than 7-1. He was probably 7-3 before all those operations with those arches and everything.

``I was in (Celtic president) Red Auerbach`s office when we were thinking about getting Walton. Red asked me about him, and I said I thought he was over the hill. He`s surprised me. Right now, he`s so serious about winning this thing. You can`t call his home and say you`re Ralph Sampson, let`s go out for dinner. You can`t joke around with him much now.

2 comments:

FLCeltsFan said...

That is interesting. I always thought he was 6"11 or 7 foot.

When I first saw the headline my first thought was, who cares how tall Gerald Green was....

Lex said...

Ha hah!!!

or john bagley!

Your Daily Run

Your Daily Run
Loading...

Follow by Email