10.01.2009

Kicked in the Leg, KG Recovers Quickly

Garnett not only went the distance in a two-hour workout, he quickly recovered from a blow to his leg to continue. “I got kicked in the leg, I hobbled over and worked it out,’’ Garnett said. “And, two seconds later, I was back on the court. So, those are all signs of good basketball, because there’s going to be contact - I just got to play through it.

KG then got some advice from someone familiar battling through injuries and recovering from them.

I had a long talk with Tony Allen and he said, ‘Kevin, don’t think about the leg,’ and that’s what I’m trying to keep in the back of my mind. I’m not worried about anything, just getting stronger and better each day. I’m moving pretty decent.’’

Then you have Eddie Lacerte.

“Strength and conditioning in my leg will take patience. I pushed it to the limit, pushed it a little past the limit today, and Ed gives me that daddy look like he wants to kill me or something. But, for the most part, it’s going positive.’

I love Eddie. There's a great McHale quote about Eddie. I'll have to dig it up.

--GLOBE

No comments: