10.04.2009

My Annual, Pointless Win Prediction

Year       Lex Says    Actual Wins

2007-08 59 66
2008-09 57 62
2009-10 58 ???
I'm not going to break down the team position-by-position or strength-by-strength and weakness-by-weakness. I'm not going to talk about new additions, or addition by subtraction. I won't mention anyone who wore #0, #7, or #8 last season. That's just too much work. It sounds more like my freelance gigs that pain me to complete. Instead, this post will be much like the other posts on this blog, which is to say, something I can knock out with little effort.

As you can see from the above chart, I tend to be conservative with my win predictions. I really wanted to predict 60 in 07-08, but just couldn't pull the trigger. Last year I expected a hangover, and am now told we experienced some hangover, but the green still won 62 games, even though the Ticket missed 37. If there was a hangover, then Doc is an even better coach than any of us ever thought.

Back to my prediction this year.

I still find interesting what Cornbread said last night: it looked to me like you guys were trying to win 70 games. Combine that with a recent KG interview in which he said the goal in coming to Boston was not to just put on a Celtics jersey and be part of the tradition. The goal was to make history of our own, carve out our own little niche.

Ok. That sounds to me like what they couldn't do last year--win 70--will be attempted again, only I think they'd settle for 68, one more than the 1986 group and equal to team best in franchise history.

But I'm still officially going with 58.

58, 68.

What's 10 wins amongst friends?

2 comments:

FLCeltsFan said...

I say 62-20... Same as last season. We are improved, but so have other teams. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they hit 70 wins or more. The key to this season is what Doc said. They are looking to take their defense to another level. If they do that, the sky's the limit.

Lex said...

Yeah, a lot of things could happen. If they win that first game, that could really set the tone.