10.04.2009

What About Hondo?

[pp+hondo.bmp]

Yesterday, I opined that Paul Pierce deserved to be on the starting unit of the all-time great Boston Celtics' team, as the starting two-guard. Today I'm gonna back-peddle, and recall that Hondo played a lot of two-guard, and perhaps we need to make a place for him on the starting unit. The Celtics all-time leading scorer, Hondo won eight championships with two different generations of Celtics (three if you count the one he won with Cousy as being a different generation).

For now, I'm reversing the call, and going with Hondo at the two. The rest of the all-time Celtics starting line-up consists of Russell, Bird, Cousy, and McHale.

5 comments:

Lex said...

I'd actually start DJ over cousy, but sometimes you just have to go with the herd.

Lex said...

# 8× NBA Champion (1963–1969, 1974, 1976)
# 1× NBA Finals MVP (1974)
# 13× NBA All Star (1966–1978)
# NBA 35th Anniversary Team
# NBA 50th Anniversary Team
# 1962 NBA All-Rookie Team
# 4× All-NBA First Team (1971–1974)
# 7× All-NBA Second Team (1964–1970, 1975–1976)
# 5× NBA All-Defensive First Team
# 3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1969–1971)
# 1× NCAA Men's Basketball Champion (1960)

FLCeltsFan said...

I go with Cousy and Hondo...

I love DJ but I think Cousy is a bit ahead of him as the greatest Celtics PG. And definitely Hondo over Pierce.

The Kid said...

Based on primarily played positions I'd go with

G Cousy
G Jones
F Bird
F McHale
C Russell

Lex said...

Has pierce played more 2 or more 3 over the course of his career?