10.11.2009

One of the Greatest Celtic Role Players Ever?

http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/scal.jpg

The situation is what it is. There are guys better than me in the rotation. My responsibility is to remain ready, because a guy could go down with a sprained ankle and I may need to play seven minutes at [small forward] or 10 minutes at [power forward]. “I’m not playing for playing time. I’m playing to do my job.’’

LINK

If you are talking talent level, No. Brian Scalabrine is not an all-time great Celtic role player. But if you are talking about accepting a role, staying ready through interminable DNPs, inactivations, and meaningless two-to-three minute stints in garbage time, and then stepping up and performing when called on to play an important role in big minutes, yes, Brian Scalabrine deserves a place at the table with the all-time Celtic role players.

2 comments:

Lex said...

I still think Scalabrine's bulked up the upperhalf of his body.He looks huge, in a good way, not like butter bean

FLCeltsFan said...

Scal definitely came into camp in the best shape he's been in since we signed him. I think you are right on with this.