10.09.2009

Posey Played Hurt

No one knew it, but Hornets forward James Posey played all but the first two games of last season with torn meniscus cartilage in his right knee. Posey, who underwent surgery to repair the damage in late May, recalled Monday when and where the injury took place.

"In Game 3 here (a home opener against the Cleveland Cavaliers), I came down, had a couple shots -- and I was on that left wing," Posey said, pointing to the end of the floor where the Hornets' bench is located. "I was fouled, but I thought I was going to have more contact -- and I came down awkward.

"My knee buckled. I went to the free-throw line, then I started moving, and then I subbed myself out. I went straight to the back, and I just sat in the hallway. It just didn't feel right. The docs came back and checked it out. Afterward I had an MRI, and they told me what happened."

Posey said doctors assured him he would do no additional damage to the knee by playing. So he taped it up and padded it each contest -- for 72 more regular-season games and five in the playoffs -- and continued to play.

LINK

There's a reason I call him Nails.

No comments: