11.03.2009

KG Just Ain't Right

At intermission of the Hornets' game, I said that KG had just finished the worst half of basketball I could remember him playing . . . ever. He improved in the second half. Indeed, a few local fish-wraps went so far as to say that KG's second-half performance against the Hornets was his best yet since his return. I strongly disagreed. But figured that maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Either that, or my Haight-Ashbury days were finally catching up with me.

Midway through the fourth brick KG hoisted in the first half of tonight's game against Philadelphia, the jury had seen enough evidence to render a preliminary verdict. KG just ain't right. His open jumpers look bad, and he's not getting much lift on the contested jumpers. His maneuverability for inside moves is limited. On defense, he's tentative and sometimes even passive, letting guards drive around him for lay-ups.

There's nothing we can do about it, other than keep throwing him out their on the court and hope things improve. I think they will. I'm just not as certain as I was earlier in the season.

4 comments:

Lex said...

time

The Kid said...

KG was terrible tonight, but a 30 point win makes up for it. By the 50 game mark he'll be much better.

Lex said...

Better for sure. Much better? Not so sure. What I hope he's not is injured.

Lex said...

1-7, five turnovers.

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes